Monday, June 29, 2015



I am a Southern White Christian American
Because I’m Southern, I’m labeled traitor.
Because I’m white, I’m labeled racist.
Because I’m a Christian, I’m labeled bigot.

I only answer to what God calls me.

He calls me chosen. “Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience.” (Colossians 3:12)

He calls me beloved. “The beloved of the Lord dwells in safety.” (Deuteronomy 33:12)

He calls me His child. “See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are.” (1 John 3:1)

He calls me friend“… but I have called you friends…” (John 15:15)

He calls me His workmanship. “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10)

He calls me His treasured possession. “The Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.” (Deuteronomy 7:6)

He calls me His son or daughter. “And I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty.” (2 Corinthians 6:18)

He calls me His heir.  “And if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.” (Romans 8:17)

He calls me holy and blameless. ” Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.” (Ephesians 1:4)

He calls me the apple of His eye. “Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings.” (Psalm 17:8)

He calls me blessed. Blessed is the one you choose and bring near, to dwell in your courts!” (Psalm 65:4)

He calls me redeemed. “In him we have redemption through his blood…” (Ephesians 1:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment